logo

Friday, October 17, 2014

Honey Cowl

The air is slightly less humid, the leaves are green with tinges of yellow, and I still haven't had to pack away my flip flops for good; Hooray!  It's autumn in Virginia!

I have been obsessed with this Madelinetosh colorway since I first laid eyes on it.  It's called gilded, and it's a beautifully bright orange that screams 'autumn'.  Every time I went into Finch, I would pick it up and contemplate buying it.  And then finally one day I went in specifically to get it, and it was sold out. (#knittersproblems)  So I ordered a skein online via Mr. Yarn.  I definitely knew I wanted to make a honey cowl with this year after seeing Angela's shop sample at Finch.  Gorgeous.

I've come to learn that tosh yarns are a dream to knit with, so I plan on buying more soon.  Although maybe not too soon if I do indeed decide to splurge on a Bernina tomorrow...



Pattern: Honey Cowl
Mods: Used a size 6 circular.
Photos taken by my good friend Beryl Young, who teaches 'Momtographie' classes online and in Northern Virginia, wink wink!


1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I am dreaming of a sweater in any Madelinetosh yarn, but I don't know if the bank will let me take out a small loan to be able to finance it! Someday. Good luck with your (possible) sewing machine purchase! It was a lot of money to spend, but I've never once regretted buying my Bernina!

    ReplyDelete