logo

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

First Wedding!

Last summer, I had my very first ever job as a photographer.  Friends of mine (Keith and Paula) insisted that I do their engagement photos, and even though I was extremely nervous, we had a blast and the pictures came out pretty well.

A few weeks ago, Keith and Paula got married.  Well to be fair, they really got married back in May in Italy, but they had a vow ceremony and small reception for family and friends in August.  And thus my adventure into wedding photography began.

It was scary!

I rented a lens from Calumet (Canon 24-70mm f/2.8 L) and ended up using it for most of the night.  I mainly used my 7D with the 430 EX II external flash, but I did take a few shots with the 400d and Sigma 10-20mm.

And now... a sneak peak!











By the end of the night, my wrists felt like they were broken because my cameras were so heavy, but they felt better after a day (or two).  So anyway, my first wedding is done and I learned a lot!  I still need some practice with using my external flash, but it'll come with time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment