logo

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Penelope Peplum

It's Me Made May 2016! What better time to start posting my creations again?

in March, I was at a St. Patrick's Day party where a small child was wearing the cutest little knit peplum top. The next day, I purchased the Penelope Peplum pattern by See Kate Sew and got to work creating my own using some leftover knit fabric I had.



I wore it on a day trip to DC with my friend Beryl, who snapped these pictures for me. This top was a super easy make, it's extremely comfortable, and I think the peplum is flattering for people with bigger hips, such as myself. I don't quite remember if this is the bicep or half sleeve version - it looks like bicep length, but my traced pattern piece is for half sleeve. Either way, I love it!













Size: Large
Adjustments: Added 2" to bodice length

3 comments:

  1. I normally don't wear those types of tops because I feel like they aren't long enough. But I love the one you have on! Maybe I will revisit the idea. It looks so good on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your photos are completely adorable. Just know that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh that top is lovely as are the photos. What beautiful light your friend got!

    ReplyDelete