logo

Monday, September 22, 2014

Anthropologie Inspired Capelet

At the start of August, I had the brilliant idea of making my "fairy Godmother" the Anthropologie-Inspired Capelet for her birthday gift.  I had nearly the entire month to make it, and given the gauge and yarn it called for, I knew I'd finish in time.

And I did, only the first one I made was tiny.  Like, practically child-sized.  So back to Finch I went to get more yarn for part two, because at this point I had about a week and a half to make it.

Lynn's birthday was on Saturday - by the Tuesday prior, I had begun the final ribbing stage when I ran out of yarn.  And not only that, but I had bought the last two skeins from Finch.  So I started searching for yarn shops who carried this yarn.  Called to no avail, so I then began looking for shops in New Jersey.  See, we were headed on vacation to the Jersey Shore with my lovely giftee, so not only would I need to track down yarn on my way there, but also finish the knitting without her noticing.

That's when I first learned of Home Made, the shop I raved about in my last post.  She had the yarn (Blue Sky Alpacas Worsted) in the color (Mulberry), so I bought a skein and made it to the house.

I worked feverishly Friday night and throughout parts of the day on Saturday, finishing just before Lynn's birthday dinner out.  After dinner I packaged up the capelet and brought the gift upstairs with the others.  Whew.




I think it turned out well, although for the sake of these photos, it looks a little lumpy since it wasn't blocked.  


Color: Mulberry
Alterations: Cast on 63

1 comment:

  1. I love that color, and way to go with the fast knitting!

    ReplyDelete