logo

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Liberty Skinny Tie

Ah, my first Liberty project.

No, it wasn't for me.  In fact, my dad is the lucky one who gets to enjoy the buttery soft Liberty of London tana lawn fabric in the form of a necktie that I made him for Father's Day.  I know, how cliche, right?  But not really, not when it's handmade.  Aside from attaching the three tie pieces together with my machine, the rest of it was hand stitched (with love, obviously).  I chose a coordinating shot cotton for the liner pieces in a lilac purple, a combination which I love.



And I figured I'd try it on before I wrapped it up.  My Dad looks dashing in purple, and I must say, so do I.  Pulling. It. Off.






Liner: Shot Cotton
Pattern: Nicole's modified version of the Purl Bee tie pattern








No comments:

Post a Comment