logo

Saturday, December 31, 2011

picture the holidays: 24/enchantment

It's New Year's Eve and I'm back to posting!  As much as I enjoyed the Picture the Holidays project and had been keeping up with it steadily, when Christmas rolled around I focused entirely on spending as much time with loved ones as possible.  I paid attention to my prompts via my iPhone and tried my best to take pictures for them, but otherwise spent my time home savoring the moments.

Christmas Eve.  One week ago tonight the magic was about to begin.  I see Christmas through child's eyes without any prompting because I believe in the magic and wonder the holiday brings.  I still wake up before the sunrise, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed on Christmas morning waiting for the rest of my family to rise.  I still take my annual Christmas Eve bubble bath before the rest of the family arrives at my parents' house.  I still fall asleep Christmas Eve while watching A Christmas Story; it's the one night a year I can fall asleep with a TV on (I don't even have a TV in my bedroom here in our house!).

This year, I photographically chose to view Christmas through my cousin's eyes.  She's at that age where she is still hanging on to the magic of Christmas and the rest of our family knows that it won't be long before she no longer asks me to track Santa for her as she's done for years now.  

Looking like a mature little lady when she first got to my parents' house, she soon changed into her pajamas and wondered where Santa was flying to next.  A reminder that she's growing older, but is still a child.




No comments:

Post a Comment