logo

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Capital Bound

When you live near a big city, naturally when family and friends come to visit you make a trip to said city.  Luckily for me I see it not as a nuisance, but rather as a chance to explore and be a tourist.  Here on this fine April day, we had the opportunity to visit our nation's capital, dine on fresh local food, and walk a whole heck of a lot.


The National Air and Space Museum at the Smithsonian may be my favorite one.


A relatively quiet afternoon at the Capital Building.




Dinner at Founding Farmers on Pennsylvania Ave.  We started the meal with Old Bay seasoned popcorn.  Any self-respecting Mid-Atlantic resident (Mid-Atlantan?  What are we called, anyway?) knows and loves Old Bay on almost anything.

Skillet cornbread.

Sweet tea.  I feel I can call it that now that I live below the Mason-Dixon line.




No trip to The District is complete without a stop by the nation's most well-known address: 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.



No comments:

Post a Comment