logo

Friday, June 26, 2009

The Only Sun in June

Before the month of June decided to turn into April here in New England, we did have a handful of lovely sunny days, which luckily I took full advantage of. Today's batch of photos will hopefully help you remember what summer is like, at least until the season graces us with its presence once again.

The ocean in Maine is still too cold to swim in, but it still makes for a nice scene. Off the Marginal Way, Ogunquit, Maine.

Don't ask me why, but for some reason I've been cooking like crazy this month. One of my creations was a "light" strawberry tart. I felt like a country mama as it sat next to my window in the kitchen.

I'd mentioned before that I'm fascinated by the time period between the 1950's and 1970's, so I tend to take photos and alter them so that they appear to be taken during that time. When Jon and I went to the Milford Drive-in a few weeks ago, I brought my Diana+ camera with me. But until I get that film developed, I also took this photo with my digital SLR and gave it an older look. How much did I want to join that family in the Thunderbird?!

Apollo Night with the Boston Pops and the Northeast Naval Wind Ensemble. This was a fantastic show and it was super patriotic. Symphony Hall, Boston, MA.

It's hard to take a bad picture of the ocean. 1st St beach, Ocean City, NJ.

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment