logo

Saturday, May 7, 2016

Derby Day Riding Peplum

Hey y'all! Happy Derby Day! While I'd like to be sipping a mint julep in a sunny garden right now, I'm on my couch, curled up in my newly completed aperture quilt (post to come soon!) about to watch some movies with my husband. But earlier today, I was (unintentionally) dressed in my derby best because I wore my Riding Peplum to run some errands.

My husband bought me the April Rhodes' Riding Peplum pattern in my Easter basket this year (best. husband. ever.) and I just got around to sewing it. The pattern comes together quickly and easily - definitely doable for beginners, and in fact, is a great introduction to sewing darts. They're not as scary as they seem!

I used Paper Cuts in Dusk from the Cotton + Steel Bluebird collection for my peplum. Initially I wanted a lightweight garment fabric, but at the time I went to buy fabric, there weren't any voiles really calling to me. I love the color dusky plum, and thought it was spring-appropriate. I was right, because paired with my dusky pink pants and pink flats, I felt like I should be out betting on the ponies!

Thanks to my husband for taking a few quick pictures of me prancing around in our backyard, and thanks to Stefanie (Finchette photographer) for taking a photograph of me outside of Finch this morning!





















Pattern: April Rhodes' Riding Peplum
Size: Large
Adjustments: None

No comments:

Post a Comment