logo

Monday, April 28, 2014

Ladies Night Tote

Last night a few women from my town had a ladies night tote class at Finch Sewing Studio.  It was a small group, but we had a blast making our tote bags to the tune of fancy French music.

I personally had been determined to make something out of this Boucherouite Blush pattern fabric from the Luxe in Bloom collection since I first saw it.  I just didn't know what to make with it.  The bolt kept getting thinner and thinner on the shelf as the weeks wore on, and finally!  Tote class came and I decided to use it for my bag.

  Initially, I had thought to pair it with a violet or pink solid, but at the last minute I picked out this bright green shot cotton and duh, I love it.  So summery and bright.



The tote bag construction was simple, and installing the rivets for the leather handles wasn't difficult, either.  Just a lot of hammering - we are a couple of Rosie the Riveters in training, let me tell you.

A few of us used leftover fabric to sew a small pocket inside, myself included.  I'll use it to keep my iPhone handy because God knows I lose everything inside my tote bags.  At the very least, my phone will be easy to locate.  I bought a coral-pink zipper to use more of my fabric scraps to make a small zipper pouch for my lip balm, Tic-tacs, and other random stuff that I typically have floating around my purse.



No comments:

Post a Comment