logo

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Project Life 365

I know what you're thinking: Another daily photo project?  But Alicia, you are never going to keep up with it.  You've proven this several times over.

Fact.

Therefore, I'm playing this one a little differently.  Project Life 365 is a daily photo project by the people behind one of my favorite photographer resource shops, Design Aglow.  They spun it up on the first if this year, and while I've paid attention to the daily topics since then, I haven't really had the time to keep up with all of them.  Not that I intend to.  The thing with daily photo projects is that sometimes, there really is nothing about your day that you wish to capture.  (Especially if you work from home.)

But what makes Project Life 365 a little different than your typical 365, is that you're provided daily prompts, much like the Picture the Holidays project I participated in last year.  Instead of thinking of something to take a picture of, you already get your daily inspiration.  It's just up to me (or you, if you wish to join in) to interpret the prompt in my own creative way.

Even still, there are days where I literally can not/do not want to add another thing to the to-do list, no matter how enjoyable the activity is meant to be.  So I'm going in to this project with the state of mind that I'll participate when I can.  No beating myself up if I miss a day (or week), or if go out of order.  If I feel particularly inspired one morning, I may spend the day shooting past prompts that I skipped over.  No biggie.

Some of my pictures will be taken with my 7D.  Some will be with my iPhone.  It just depends on the prompt and the day.  I'll compile them here when I feel like it (honesty, right?) and tag them with #projectlife365 and the appropriate subject tag.

TUES – JAN 1st: #RESOLUTION
WED – JAN 2nd: #YOU_TODAY
THURS – JAN 3rd: #OPTIMISTIC
FRI – JAN 4th: #GRACEFUL
SAT – JAN 5th: #VIEW
 SUN – JAN 6th: #STILL_LIFE
MON – JAN 7th: #SIMPLICITY
TUES – JAN 8th: #FRONT_DOOR
WED – JAN 9th: #IN_A_DRAWER
THURS – JAN 10th: #GAME
FRI – JAN 9th: #SIGNATURE
SAT – JAN 10th: #MINI
SUN – JAN 13th: #FORGOTTEN
MON – JAN 14th: #TEMPTATION
TUES – JAN 15th: #CONFUSING
WED – JAN 16th: #SIGN_OF_WINTER
THURS – JAN 17th: #THIS_IS_SO_ME
FRI – JAN 18th: #NEWS
SAT – JAN 19th: #STYLE

Here's what I've got so far:

Front door: As seen in Austin, Texas.
Really off to a great start. #sarcasm

No comments:

Post a Comment