logo

Friday, November 18, 2011

New website!

Ladies and gentlemen, I've got a website.

Having a blog on its own is nice, but I decided it was time to make a website to host a portfolio and contact info.  I've started what's referred to in the photography world as the 'portfolio building' stage in my work.   Recently I've been doing photo shoots for my husband's coworkers and their families (who were kind enough to let me bring them out into the chilly November weather!).   Portraiture is such a difference from what I normally shoot; mountains don't move and flowers don't blink.  Just incorporating the natural movement of people gives me a lot more to think about at the same time as trying to compose the photograph.  And that's part of the fun of photography, but it is going to take practice.

Post-processing also poses its own differences from other types of photography.  When I shoot landscapes or travel photography, I like to process the image so that the colors are close to what they looked like in person.  With portraits, it's all about emotion.  I'm finding it a little bit difficult in a way to make that change from keeping colors and lighting 'as is', to getting creative to express emotion.  Don't get me wrong - I love being creative.  There are certain shots I take with a specific mood in mind, and process them accordingly.  With portraits, I think it's because I haven't found my style yet.  So basically I'm using this portfolio building time as my chance to experiment and find my style when it comes to post-processing.  It's nerve-wracking, but definitely a lot of fun.

This was my long winded way of saying 'Hey!  Check out my new website!'  Soon I'll be registering a domain name, but either way, you'll be able to find it here: http://aliciabrucephotography.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment