logo

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Ireland, Revisited.

One year ago today (well, not exactly today, but last Easter), I was not worrying about errands, or what I would make myself for dinner, or trying to get to work in time. No no, I was in Ireland.

We arrived at the Dublin Airport ridiculously early Easter morning, having left JFK around dinnertime Saturday. By the time we left the airport and arrived at the hotel, it was just about 6:30 and still too early to get into our rooms, so we wandered around Dublin for a few hours, despite nothing being open.

There was some sort of parade on Easter Sunday! These guys were getting prepared.


Jon's father has a cousin who lives in Dublin, and they had invited us to spend Easter with them. After finally checking into a room (early) and catching a nap, Brendan picked us up and took us on a ride around Dublin. We came to an area known as Kilakee in Dublin 16. From here there are great views of Dublin and the Irish Sea.


Back at the house, we met Jon's father's cousin, K.C. (Brendan is her husband) and their family. This Easter dinner sure beats what I'm having tonight - Lean Cuisine!


The week in Ireland was spent traveling in a loop, beginning and ending in Dublin. This is Blarney Castle, home of the Blarney Stone. I absolutely kissed it, though unfortunately there's no photo evidence!


Jon and I discovered Club Milk at a convenience store in Urlingford, Co. Kilkenny. We went through two packages in Ireland, and Jon's parents surprised us with a pack when we arrived back at JFK. I've since ordered more from foodireland.com. They are so good!


This was on the side of Sammy's, a bar/restaurant on Inch beach. The owner's name is not Sammy though: it's Mahmood Hussein.


Cottage Pie in Killarney.


Writing in our travel notebook in Killarney.




Cabra Castle




I took a flower and a shamrock to press in my travel journal. When I got home, I 'laminated' them (using clear packing tape!) and there they remain.


I would love to go back to Ireland someday, hopefully sooner rather than later. I absolutely fell in love with the Emerald Isle.

No comments:

Post a Comment